Too much noise complaints with MFT images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Simon97
Simon97 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,173
Too much noise complaints with MFT images

I keep hearing people having issues with noise in their images. I also see people post images with what I consider too much noise at base ISO.

I never have this issue. I use a GX80 but I don't think that the camera model matters that much unless it was the older 12mp models.

Anyhow, below are two photos. They are from the DPR 150-400mm lens review. I noticed the usual "pile on" about the image noise from other format users in the comments. I tend to agree, there is too much noise. The first image is cropped from their JPEG. The 2nd image, I downloaded the raw and opened it using RawTherapee, a free but powerful editor. The point I'm making here is that I did NOT use any noise reduction. It was turned off, yet the noise grain is finer than in their image despite using sharpening. I processed the image to be similar but there's minor differences. There may be better ways to process, certainly worse ways, but for me, it has got to be budget minded.

Simon97's gear list:Simon97's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow