Photographing with Higher MP bodies

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
abera Regular Member • Posts: 103
More pixels = good even with bad lenses

ShutterDude wrote:

While I wait for the Z7ii release, it'll give me some time to debate whether I should invest in that body vs the Z6ii - the main driver is the ability to crop if I need to given the higher MP count, and wanting to print larger prints as well.

Other than that, it was mentioned that using a higher megapixel body will be more sensitive to motion resulting in softer images, and as well the requirement for top notch optics. In other words, it's less forgiving that using a lower MP camera.

Can anyone chime more on this?

Thanks

More pixels -> more resolution. More pixels does not require a better lens or technique. The worst case scenario is that you'll get just the same resolution for the output you would get with a smaller pixel count, but in practise you'll get more details even if you shoot through a beer bottle quality glass.

You can think of it like this: the lens draws the image and all the sensor does it chops the image that has been drawn into millions of little parts - chopping it into more, smaller parts doesn't make the image the lens has already drawn any worse.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow