Photographing with Higher MP bodies

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RichyjV
RichyjV Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Photographing with Higher MP bodies

ShutterDude wrote:

While I wait for the Z7ii release, it'll give me some time to debate whether I should invest in that body vs the Z6ii - the main driver is the ability to crop if I need to given the higher MP count, and wanting to print larger prints as well.

Other than that, it was mentioned that using a higher megapixel body will be more sensitive to motion resulting in softer images, and as well the requirement for top notch optics. In other words, it's less forgiving that using a lower MP camera.

Can anyone chime more on this?

Thanks

My 2 cents is that the MP difference doesn't make much of a difference in how forgiving the camera is, in actual shooting. The Stableisation on the Z7 is just so good that I'm rarely getting shots missing critical focus, so for me you are talking tiny % margins there. The crop-ability is a good feature, and I wouldn't spend the money on either Z to pair with soft lenses.. but any Z lens is excellent and you don't need everything to be an otus to get value.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow