Do you store your edited photos as RAW, JPG, (resolution, compression)?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 5,611
Neither

[D]o you keep all your RAWs or select a few? Or do you store your photos only as JPGs and with what compression?

I usually keep 10% of the photos from a shoot, edit them, keep those 10% as full-res (after crop) JPGs (75% compression) and 0-1% of the RAWs.

My approach differs from both of the options in the poll. Shortly after taking the photos, I go through them and decide which to keep. Depending on many factors, I may keep anywhere from about 5% to 50% of the photos from a given set. I always keep the original files--which are usually raw files, but in a few cases may be JPEGs--for whichever pictures I choose.

If I do a lot of work editing the original file, then I will probably keep the DxO sidecar file and/or a native-format Affinity Photo file. In some cases, especially where I'm very happy with my edits, I may keep a fully-edited version as a TIFF or JPEG. However, usually I just make JPEGs for temporary use and/or distribution to others, and then after a time I delete those JPEGs.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow