Currently Pentax K-7 and few lenses - what now ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JeremieB Regular Member • Posts: 363
Re: Currently Pentax K-7 and few lenses - what now ?

It's complex because it really depends on what kind of photos you want to take, and you usually take. If the lens you use most of the time is the 55-300, I doubt you will find a pocket camera with such zoom and better IQ (I'm not sure though, maybe there is ?).

But with your budget you almost can buy both a K70 and a Ricoh GRIII. K70 will probably have much better low light capabilities (by cranking ISO up), and the GRIII is supposed to fit in a pocket and has good reputation as street camera - but you have no zoom capability. You could get some money from your K7 also I guess if it's in good shape.

But really, everything is possible, taking into account your budget, dSLR, mirrorless, compacts ... Maybe check what are your own favorite photos and which lens you use most, and maybe with that in mind you could go to a shop and check by yourself what the different cameras are like ?

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow