Monument Valley

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,917
Re: Monument Valley

AZheaven wrote:

I drove into Utah and to Mexican Hat. Yes, it's pretty cool, as is the un-named apparently, mountain formations behind it. But I wouldn't say it beat out Monument Valley by a long shot.

I would agree. Comparing the thousands of square miles north of Monument Valley filled with incredible rock formations, slot canyons, mesa tops, literally, 100,000s Indian petroglyphs and pictographs, accessible ruins that are over 2000 years old all that you can access without fees and unimpeded by anyone, to driving your car around Mexican hat would be a disappointment.

That is like saying you didn't really find the Grand Canyon that great because you drove through the gate and took a picture in front of the Grand Canyon sign and then left.

Here is my advice - instead of trying to defend Monument Valley, how about finding out what this guy Mike is talking about being so great north of Monument Valley? You might learn something, expand your opportunities, find a new place to explore with freedom without crowds or a controlled Disney experience and create some fantastic experiences and memories in the process, and return here one day and say you know what, I had no idea what he was talking about, but I'm so glad I looked into it.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow