Do you store your edited photos as RAW, JPG, (resolution, compression)?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 2,320
Re: Do you store your edited photos as RAW, JPG, (resolution, compression)?

phouphou wrote:

dj_paige wrote:

Lightroom Classic (and other similar editors work), you do need the original, and there's really no point usually to keep long-term the JPG created from the edited original.

I'm not sure if i understood correctly, so you rely on LR to save your edits to save 5MB diskspace per JPG?

No. This isn't really about disk space. I rely on Lightroom Classic to save my edits because that's where my organization is. If I want to find photos from my trip to Chicago, I find them in Lightroom Classic. I don't want to have to find a JPG in some folder organization.

And its also about effort and my time. Why would I want to export all of my photos to JPG, just to save the edits? That takes effort and time that I don't care to spend, when I only need a few of them as JPG.

What if your LR catalog gets corrupted?

That's why you make regular and automated backups. No different than if you save JPGs, you lose them if something bad happens to your hard disk, unless you have backups.

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow