Which prime for Z50?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Qbalion Regular Member • Posts: 412
Which prime for Z50?

Hi,

My only camera now is Z50 with 16-50 and 50-250 zoom lens. I am really happy with it for outdoors when shooting landscapes, some sport events (kids) from a distance, occasional portraits, animals, micro like shots of flowers and bugs with 50-250. In the future probably some rare astro but only during trips to good locations like islands.

I am a bit limited in low light conditions - especially indoors where I'd like to be able to take some family pictures - including dog shots, occasional portraits, candid and family events. Also, I expect that a fast prime will help with autofocus performance in low light.

Also I'd might need to take pictures and movies of fast moving 1:10 car models. Indoors, with rather low light. Those cars are usually of bright colors and running on a gray or a black carpet. Distance of let's say 20 meters. But these are not really a must in my photo prios.

Thus I am thinking about adding some prime lenses to my 2 (dim) zooms kit. I'd like to stay with just one (3 in total) but who knows - maybe it makes sense already to think about 2 primes?

Anyway - for DX format  - what prime lens do you suggest and why please?

BTW I believe I will not move on to FX but rather to future DX flagship - D500 like. I somehow like smaller cameras which do not require that much hassle in carrying them. My previous camera was Sony a6000 with 16-50 zoom and also APSC version of 50mm prime. I really liked the kind of event pictures, candid and portraits I could do with it.

Qbalion's gear list:Qbalion's gear list
Nikon Z50 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR +1 more
Nikon D500 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow