What is wrong with AF Area?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mrbr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,479
Re: nikon Z50 digitutor

Qbalion wrote:

Thank you for the links to tutorials. I went thru some of them already - also vide ones. My concern is not that I do not know which mode to use when.

See for a quick tour : (267) Z 7/Z 6/Z 5 - AF-Area Mode: Choosing a Mode to Suit the Scene | Nikon Z Series | Digitutor - YouTube

But rather why the camera showed af area in different spots that it actually focused? I could explain it with priority set on release and not on focus but that was not the case unless this setting can be overwritten by SCN presets...

I did not shoot those pictures and I am not sure which settings were selected. Probably some SCN presets.

I cannot answer this question.

As I said , I am not a big fan of the full auto AF modes ... the camera does not read the mind of the person using the camera and when taking pictures of busy scenes it can make wrong decisions.

-- hide signature --

Greetings,
Marc

mrbr's gear list:mrbr's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow