Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
RDKirk Forum Pro • Posts: 15,929
Re: Blue Light Anti Reflective Coating Glasses

Batdude wrote:

I got my new computer screen glasses prescription today and I was asked if I wanted to pay extra for that type of coating. I don’t know anything about this coating and I’m not sure if is a gimmick. Is it not and should I get that on my glasses? Do any of you have it?

What they did told me is that the glasses do have some kind of “purple looking tint” and as soon as they said that I told them I would get back to them on that because if I’m PP photos in Lightroom how is that purple looking tint going to affect my workflow? Am I going to run into issues because I’ll be seeing weird colors on the monitor??

Will appreciate more info from folks that have or are using these type of coating.

Some blue-light filtering lenses are just mild amber tints that will affect your edit vision. Some more expensive lenses use a more sophisticated wave-lenth cut off filter that I believe does look purple-tinted when viewed at certain angles.

There is some evidence that late night staring into the blue light from typical daylight balanced LEDs delays melatonin production and thus can throw off a person's sleep cycle.

Claims that LED screens cause any kind of actual eye damage have not been verified by any real data.

-- hide signature --

RDKirk
'TANSTAAFL: The only unbreakable rule in photography.'

RDKirk's gear list:RDKirk's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow