Sony A7C Wired/Wireless Remote Intervalometer

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
earlk10 New Member • Posts: 3
Sony A7C Wired/Wireless Remote Intervalometer

I recently upgraded my a6000 to go full frame with the a7c, but I have just discovered a major issue for how I use the camera.

My goal is to be able to use an intervalometer + AFc + tracking for shots when I am in front of the camera walking away or towards the camera. I want to set the camera on the tripod and have the camera track me and release the shutter on a timer. The built in intervalometer does not support AFc only AFs and does not refocus after each shot. If the built in intervalometer had an option to track and refocus for each shot it would work perfectly.

I have the Sony bluetooth remote and this works but is not ideal because it must be in my hand and the bluetooth range is very poor. I need several hundred feet if I am going to rely on a remote, I get maybe 20ft with the bluetooth remote.

On the a6000 I could use a remote intervalometer + tracking and it worked flawlessly. The issue is Sony took the multiport off of the a7c so external remotes cannot be used. The next thing to try would be an IR intervalometer, but again Sony removed IR functionality from the camera.

The closest thing to a solution I have found (not a good one), is to use an iPhone with the Sony app controlling the phone, I can set the shutter speed to low and lock the shutter on, this will refocus and continue to track, but takes images far too fast. I use this method for hiking photos where I walk hundreds of feet away, I could fill an entire memory card in one take shooting constantly on the low setting.

My only hope is that a third party makes a bluetooth remote that has a built in intervalometer or Sony updates the intervalometer to support afc + tracking (no technical reason this cannot be easily done). However I do not feel that either solution is likely.

I hope that I am overlooking an easy solution that someone else may have.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow