Would this photo benefit from PL DeepPrime? Topaz suite?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,725
Re: Would this photo benefit from PL DeepPrime? Topaz suite?

jaggedhorizon wrote:

Van Griff wrote:

jaggedhorizon wrote:

This is one of my favourite street photos. It's shot on a 1-inch sensor and processed in LR (I also had a FF camera with me but at that moment it had a ultrawide zoom on, and I had no chance to change it fast enough).

Which tools could improve the image? (sharpness, noise, etc)

jh

Great capture!

I would process the raw file with DxOPL Prime or Deep Prime if you have it . . . I have C1 so I would then open in C1 and do further minor editing . . . lift some shadows a touch . . . adjust exposure black and white points . . . perhaps brighten slightly . . . then send to TOPAZ Sharpen AI for detail sharpening and possibly further noise suppression if needed.

The subjects sit slightly high in the image IMHO . . . a 16:9 crop maintaining the existing top line and removing from the bottom of the image may produce a slightly more pleasing result . . . something to play around with [you can easily play around with the image in your browser rolling down to approximate the 16:9 crop and see if you like].

Great image . . . nicely done!

Best,

V G

Thank you Van Griff!

I've posted the RAW just above if you want to have a test.

jh

Played around a bit with the image . . . opened with DxOPL Deep Prime . . . applied TOPAZ Sharpen AI . . . and other various exposure tweaks.

Thought the subjects were sitting too high in the image so cropped image from the bottom and added image to the top at the expense of deleting the wall plaque that you like . . . could probably be retained with a lot of work and more skill than I have but I find the plaque distracting and particularly the pointed portion pointing at the man below . . . 3:2 crop . . .

Also cropped to 16:9 for comparison . . . the wall plaque could be left in in this configuration . . .

Great capture . . . nicely done!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +33 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow