Should we call the 150-400mm f/4.5 Pro 'Moby Dick'?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 9,023
Re: is it the last one ?

Danielvr wrote:

and a tragedy because it marks Oly's sad farewell from the photo industry.

Does it now ? I thought there was at least ONE more lens coming from Olympus with a 8/25mm zoom ... am I missing something here ?

There's still a roadmap, but even if JIP does still produce those lenses, and does so under the Olympus brand name (which isn't certain), it will most likely be after Olympus itself has essentialy left the camera business (on January 2, 2021 it will transfer 95% of the business, including R&D and manufacturing, to JIP).

JIP bought the Zuiko lens division and the binocular group - so they have a vested interest in glass. I can see possibility of Zuiko getting into the lens business the way Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina has. They know how to make great glass and that could be the cash cow in the future. The 150-400 could be a great way to showcase their expertise. Also, as I recall, it all began by Olympus making a lens, then designing their first camera around it.

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow