Nik Collection 3.3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Robert A Senior Member • Posts: 2,070
Re: Nik Collection 3.3

Digital Nigel wrote:

String wrote:

Robert A wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on the recent Nik update? I haven't updated from the original Nik-owned version because DxO doesn't offer update pricing to those who didn't buy from them. However, I'm thinking of buying this update and wondered if the changes are worth the cost.

Well 3.3 just adds some additional presets (recipes) and nothing else from what I have seen. 3.0 adds an additional filter (perspective correction) and some stability fixes for the latest LR/PS.

I really hate DxO's upgrade policies; I'm really not seeing anything being done to really upgrade the product its self. With that being said, I do use the Nik plugins all the time however after the way I've experienced the "upgrade" policy, I will never (ever) buy or use DxO's Photolab.

Unlike NIK, PhotoLab is a real DxO product and gets worthwhile annual upgrades. There's usually one big headline new feature that adds real functionality, plus a number of useful new features and UI improvements. There's no obligation to upgrade every year; you don't lose out if you skip years.

As a longterm DxO user, I have no interest in NIK.

If it weren’t for DxO’s decision not to support Fuji, I’d be there.

-- hide signature --

Robert A
Fuji XT-2
Fuji X-E2
Epson 3880

Robert A's gear list:Robert A's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow