Apple ProRaw (WOW)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BlueCosmo5050
OP BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,652
Re: Apple ProRaw (WOW)

JohnNewman wrote:

BlueCosmo5050 wrote:

Here is an example from today.

I opened the raw file on my computer, RAW is supported but now ProRaw yet that's why it's all dark. Watch how much dynamic range I get. The dark image is what I started with, then the final image is what I ended up with.

Starting Point

Where I ended up

Agreed, really excellent result. I see you are using Luminar. Was this as a standalone application or as an extension from Photos. Just asking as was wondering if you thought you would get better results than from Photos?

Thanks for posting, just waiting for UK lockdown to end before I can make an appointment at my local Apple store to get the Pro Max which I'm looking forward to more and more as I see the results from folks like yourself.

Thanks again,

John

I don't use the photos app because I don't want to organize photos in that way. I use a cloud service and keep it on the hard drive and I'd have to double the images to put in photos or put the photos library in the cloud and I wasn't impressed with it.

So I use Luminar or Aurora HDR. Both made by the same company. I use Affinity photo for photoshop stuff. That allowed me to cancel my adobe cloud.

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow