X-T2 - face detection improved

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mike lix Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
X-T2 - face detection improved

Hi,

I keep my firmware up to date. Recently there was an upgrade (because of the 50/1) which I instaled.T oday I turned the face detection on (with XF 16-55).

In AF-S I was surprised by its performance. Not only did it appear stickier, but also once it recognized the face, the green box stayed on the head even if the subject turned sideways or even completely away from the camera.

In AF-C it was also much stickier than before and according to my quick test it was reliable in single shot shooting. Unlike AF-S, It didn't always recognize the head, but when the face was recognized, the shots were generally as sharp as then can be. (In slow burst it was a bit hit or miss).

Have you also noticed this improvement? Or am I just being fooled by my senses after the longer period of time I haven't used face detection? 🙂

I know there were some reports about some improvement of the X-H1. But I wasn't expecting the X-T2, too.

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/michal.placek.fotograf
www.facebook.com/michal.placek.fotograf
500px.com/mikepl500px

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +2 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow