R6 Eye Focus - One Shot working better than Servo?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
reimomo51 New Member • Posts: 4
R6 Eye Focus - One Shot working better than Servo?

Morning all

I'm coming from a 5D MkIV, where using Servo AF was.... not always the best, so I used One Shot 95% of the time.

Now playing with the Eye Focus on my new R6, I see lots of recommendations from people to switch to Servo, as it's performance is far better than previous, however it appears to give me a problem:

Instead of jumping to an eye, which is visible anywhere in the entire viewfinder, like I get with One Shot, I need to move my white box to the general area of an eye, before it locks on.

Upon initial shutter half-press, it doesn't look everywhere in the frame for an Eye, but only in the white box. When I touch and drag the white box to someone's face it locks on to the eye very well. But I'm not sure this extra work from me is really intended!

So, my query:

My focus mode is Eye Focus. I'm using Servo, not One Shot. But the white box always defaults to the place I last clicked and dragged it to. Why is this? Why doesn't Eye Focus look for an eye in the entire frame, and not just inside the white box, which could be situated anywhere?

Very grateful for any help!

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow