Canon 250D on an 18-55 Nikon kit lens - depth of field?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter in Canberra Contributing Member • Posts: 933
Canon 250D on an 18-55 Nikon kit lens - depth of field?

Hi, apologies in advance for a naive question, and one I probably should be able to work out myself (I remember I could do maths once upon a time).

I like shooting macro, I have a Nikon 85mm Micro lens which I use on a D7500 and I have moderate success capturing images of tiny (5mm long) jumping spiders 'in the wild' (mostly on the wall of my house).

However depth of field is narrow. For jumpers that isn't generally a problem as they are teeny and it is generally straightforward to get most of their face in focus.

If I try to shoot much (relatively) larger creatures, like a huntsman spider or a bogong moth that narrow depth of field with a macro lens becomes more problematic.

Long preamble to the question sorry ... I am wondering if a Canon 250D (or 500D) diopter on my Nikon 18-55 kit lens, or 35 or 50mm prime, would allow to get closer but maybe give me a bit more depth of field? Or will it (DOF) be comparatively similar to that from a macro lens?

thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow