Possibly moving to full-frame mirrorless from m4/3’s

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 6,231
Re: Possibly moving to full-frame mirrorless from m4/3’s

nickels25 wrote:

NCB wrote:

IQ is to some extent subjective. Are you happy with your Oly IQ? If you are, then maybe IQ isn't a reason to change.

Maybe you should dip a toe into the FF market by getting a basic setup to try, rather than going whole-hog. A Z6 (or Z6ii) with the 24-70 f4 would be a good start.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel!

My main intent with getting a higher megapixel camera is having the ability to crop in and still have adequate quality. But yes, I understand what you are saying. I could perhaps look at a Z7 (instead of a Z7II, Z6, or Z6II).

I have  Z6 and14-30mm f4 and 24-70mm f4, I sold my D500 plus 200-500 and several other F lenses and bought a Olympus E-m1ii, for the 40-150 f2.8 and 100-400 Panasonic lenses. I also have the 12-40 f2.8 as a crossover system lens . I swapped the body for a E-M1X this and either of the two tele lenses is 300g lighter than the 200-500 alone. so I have a system for my motorsport and one for other shooting, although I can use either when I want to, I cannot see a great difference between the shots from the D500 with 200-500 and the E-M1X plus 100-400, the shots from the 40-150 are however outstanding. If you used a similar 100-400 on the FF camera body you would need 80 mp to match the m4/3 20mp when cropping down to m4/3 a 24mp crop to m4/3 is around 6.4mp, or use a 2X teleconverter.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow