Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PunkJr
PunkJr New Member • Posts: 17
Sigma DP1 Merrill vs Sony RX1

Hello

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I am looking to get a camera (my Samsung S20 is my only current digital camera) and have narrowed it down to these two. I have previously owned an RX1 with the EVF and was mostly happy with it. I now really only shoot slow paced landscapes and still life, but a little flexability wouldn't hurt. However, there is a DP1M available at my local camera store that has me intrigued,. It seems that the image quality, at least at low ISO, is raved about. I shoot mostly B&W and I have also read that the Foveon sesnor is particularly well suited to this. I have also read that it is tedious to work with, but having owned Hasselblad, Pentax and Rolleicord (considering developing and scanning), I cannot see that the inconvenience could be that bad. I do prefer to work more methodically. Any input on the comparitive resolving power of these two cameras would be appreciated.

I should say that the RX1 with EVF that I am looking to purchase is similar in price to the DP1 Merrill.

PunkJr's gear list:PunkJr's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma dp3 Quattro
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow