Camera That Can Update Time By Maybe Bluetooth (Need Very Accurate Time)

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CharlesPhillips
CharlesPhillips Forum Member • Posts: 79
Camera That Can Update Time By Maybe Bluetooth (Need Very Accurate Time)

All -

I have been tracking satellites since Oct 2019 with my Nikon D200 and it is great. After starting with lots of questions about that process I have been slowly answering each one - the next in the queue is how to get very accurate time set in the camera.

I looked into this last year and settled (at the the time) on having my kids (who have better reflexes than I have) set the time from an iPhone app. I tried to set the time from my Mac but that time can easily be off by a few seconds; you can go to web pages that have very accurate time but you cannot set the computer clock from that. You also cannot transfer that web page time to my D200 (unless there is some secret that I have not yet stumbled across).

I bought a GPS module but that only keeps time to a second. I see the time in the EXIF data but it is not accurate enough.

I need to set the camera clock to an accuracy of about a tenth of a second, hundredths would be better. I am researching updating my camera but want to know if anyone sets the time on their camera via Bluetooth or WiFi - and how accurate is that? I am still looking to see how accurate the time is on the system clock on the iPhone.

So does anyone set the camera time from an external source (like an iPhone?) and how accurate can that be?

-- hide signature --

Charles
Software Writer, Orbital Mechanics Guy, Amateur Astronomer

CharlesPhillips's gear list:CharlesPhillips's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300 Nikon D200 +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow