Mini challenge #607: ***Outdoor Sculpture*** honourable mentions

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 7,406
Mini challenge #607: ***Outdoor Sculpture*** honourable mentions

These are the images that grabbed me from among the many exhibits - some because they are very good photographs and others because they tell interesting stories.

AB S's cat was the first posting and really made me laugh. The dumb expression on the cat's face seems to be puzzlement at the idea of eating pigeons.

AB S's image of the statue of Doctor Tzemakh Shabad, and his image of the bust of the Vilna Gaon for that matter, are rather sad - Vilnius was very late in acknowledging the fate of it's Jewish community during WWII

Abiquiuense's stark tree against the starry heavens is great.

BIJ001's man hanging on a pole is a wonderful image.

Bill Borne's black and white of an image on an art deco building is just right.

And his view of the goblin rock field as amazing.

I was very moved by the little boy in an oversized helmet standing in defence of Warsaw during the fatal uprising, an image from a new poster here, DarkPassenger.

I really liked Dtop's veiled lady.

And Fred K's B&W is stunning

Guy Parson's view of the fat bird is a hoot.

As is Jerry045's sand sculpture

I picked this one of Jerry R's because the sculpture is wonderful.

Hacking away the turf to paint a great image in the white chalk underneath is a peculiarly English form of madness. They are supposed to be prehistoric but quite a lot of them are much later fakes. Mike 5100 posted this one.

Mina's grandson is an incredibly photogenic chap, but it looks as though he's going to be a heartbreaker as well. That little girl sculpture is bewitched by him.

Ulop's street musician is a great image

But Val Buenos memorial sculpture is so moving.

All the images above are in alphabetical order of poster's name but the next and final image is posted last because I simply love it. In fact I cannot get over it. I'd have given this the win if it had been an entry. The bronze lady on the bench deliberately has a space to her left where you can sit to take a portrait of yourself with her. Shikasta posted it.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow