If you were me, what would you do? (lens thoughts)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ashley Barrett
Ashley Barrett Regular Member • Posts: 178
If you were me, what would you do? (lens thoughts)

Thinking of getting one of the longer zooms from Fuji for use w/my XT-4.

Debating between the 100-400, 55-200, or the 50-140.

The purpose of this lens for me will be to shoot the occasional surf sessions with my friends. So, it will basically be a hobby/occasional lens. I'm weighing all options, but my thoughts so far are:

100-400: Greatest reach & fast AF. But heavy. Expensive (relatively). Probably wouldn't ever use it for my professional work. Is it too much lens for something I would just use on the rare occasion?

50-140: Not the longest, but could get the teleconverter? Also big and heavy. Not cheap (relative). I could also use this lens for my professional work with people, but will I really? (already have the 90mm and don't necessarily love longer focal lengths for my "work").

55-200: smallest, lightest, lest expensive. Seems to be pretty good IQ? Doesn't have the reach of the 100-400 obviously. Most likely would never get used for my professional use. If I got this, would have some extra funds to get another gem of a lens to be used for my work (like the 23 1.4 or 50 1.4, etc.).

Show me the way home, baby...

-- hide signature --

Ashley Barrett

Ashley Barrett's gear list:Ashley Barrett's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow