Would this photo benefit from PL DeepPrime? Topaz suite?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,412
Re: Would this photo benefit from PL DeepPrime? Topaz suite?

Pi lover wrote:

jaggedhorizon wrote:

This is one of my favourite street photos. It's shot on a 1-inch sensor and processed in LR (I also had a FF camera with me but at that moment it had a ultrawide zoom on, and I had no chance to change it fast enough).

Which tools could improve the image? (sharpness, noise, etc)

DeepPrime only works with raw files. I don't find noise to be a problem on this picture though.

I find the lady on the left to be too dark but you may like that. The wall people are sitting on seems a little lower on the right to me. I didn't measure it but flat would make sense. That center column isn't perfectly straight. As for sharpening it can be done at a global level or Detail Brush can focus on the interesting parts. And finally changing light also changes color so the lower section below the shelf is desaturated in the version below (Linear Gradient on Black and White option) because the contrast in color works.

Thanks for sharing.

Grant.

Thank you for the detailed comments and the rework. What I'm targeting is indeed the "crispier" look of your version, but starting from the RAW so I get less speckled noise in the shadows.

jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow