How the R5 Lightens the load for Wildlife Trips (Africa)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MikeB_2018 Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: How the R5 Lightens the load for Wildlife Trips (Africa)

kristian1 wrote:

MikeB_2018 wrote:

kristian1 wrote:

I would think twice about 200-400, you are loosing over one stop on long end, also less DOF control, background blur on safaris are sometimes really important to separate animal from background.

Also on safaris you are on vehicle so not to much to cary around. I would always bring longest fastest lens I have to safari.

Some of my images from first safari in Masai Mara:

https://www.kristiansekulic.com/masai-mara-2019

All the best

Kristian

Really amazing images! Love these. May I ask, since we are on a gear-related site, what gear specifically cameras/lenses you used? I didn't see a way to view EXIF data on the images.

Thanks Mike, I am glad you liked them, this images are mostly done with Canom 1dx2 and Canon 500mm f4 II , some are used with 1.4tc and in rare cases I used 2.0tc.

Also I had with me 5d4 and 70-200mm f4. but didn't use it as much.

All the best

Kristian

Kristian,

Thank you.  Wonderful and truly stunning images.  Thank you for sharing your images as well as some of the info on gear.

I hope to go on safari in Africa one day.  Your images are certainly an inspiration to go.

MikeB_2018's gear list:MikeB_2018's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow