Apple ProRaw (WOW)

Started 2 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueCosmo5050
BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,645
Apple ProRaw (WOW)

I spent tonight downloading the Beta so I could use ProRaw, I did not expect this. It is INCREDIBLE. Using night mode together with RAW, with no flash in a near black room there seems to be absolutely no noise in the photo. It looks like it's shot at ISO 100 from a DSLR.

I don't know how traditional camera companies are going to compete with this. I don't see them creating processors and having a whole operating system behind them. They work by the laws of physics but apple has figured out how to do it with raw computer power.

IMO the PRORAW feature sets it apart from compact camera's like the RX-100. That camera doesn't look as clean as this.

I can't wait to try it out in the day time. I was already impressed before I tried proraw, with the 10 bit HDR video.

It feels like it has more dynamic range than my pro camera. I read an article saying it had more than the Canon R5 at a little over 14 stops.

5 years from now they will have figured out everything with software and I can't imagine ever needing a large camera again.

Honestly I would choose this iPhone over my 5D Mark IV in every case except for where I felt like I needed 30 megapixels, professional flash, or extreme shallow depth of field. But at some point these iPhones are going to be 30 Megapixels, there are already devices allowing them to control flash's, and of course the shallow depth of field software is looking more and more realistic as we go.

So nice that this Holiday season I won't have to have a Canon 5D Mark IV on a Ronin S gimbal just to get some decent footage. Heck, one doesn't even need a gimbal with this phone the stabilization is insane.

I haven't been this excited about a camera since my first full frame camera. This changes photography and videography for me for good.

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow