Flat view
Kris_Holmes81 New Member • Posts: 14
Looking to reduce my photography kit

Hi,

I'm looking to simplify my photography kit. I've currently got:

• Sony A7R2 with a host of quality lenses
  • Sony RX100mk5, and Zhiyun Crane M  gimbal
  • GoPro Hero7 Black
  • iphone 12pro (order placed, not arrived).

I feel its too much 'stuff'. I want to keep the A7R gear (and possibly upgrade to RIV/V in future), but I'm looing for advice on the rest of it. What I'd like is decent stills and good stabilised video for family memories (mostly daytime), and use the A7R gear for more serious use.

I love the IQ of the RX100 series, the AF accuracy etc. The video is great, but stabilisation in 4k is meh, gimbal helps with that but is a bit painful (and time-consuming) to use. These days i'm mostly following erratic toddlers so I'm moving quite a bit and need to respond quick. The GoPro is quite useful for this.

Main question is whether the new iphone pro12 could replace the RX100 and the GoPro (given i dont use it much as an 'action' cam, more so as a very small device.

Questions:

• is the video IQ and stabilisation on the iphone 12pro any good?
  • anyone used the DJI OM4 gimbal and vouch for its benefits and ease of use?
  • Same for the GoPro Hero9 - whats the IQ like? I love the Hypersmooth stabilisation on the GoPros.

Appreciate your thoughts/experiences.

Regards, Kris

Sony a7R Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow