Around Page, AZ

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
AZheaven Senior Member • Posts: 1,689
Re: Around Page, AZ

Mward1226 wrote:

One of my favorite parts of the country for hiking and photography. There are a couple of location to shoot hoodoos off of Rt 89.

We did the wave in November of 2017 and the road to the Wirepass trailhead had some serious ruts, it had rained a few days before.. We had a Ford Edge with all wheel drive and had a few issues, but made the drive ok. I would be careful if using just a passenger car. Maybe someone who has been there recently can give you a road update.

Please respect the Navajo Nation shutdown, they are very susceptible to the virus and they have very few ICU beds in their facilities.

Enjoy your trip and be safe.

After this virus calms down, if you or anyone make it back to AZ, I highly recommend Coal Mine Canyon south of Tuba City. I call it our mini Bryce Canyon because of the hoodoos!

And a little ways past Horseshoe Bend and the bridge that crosses Waterhole Canyon on the left side of the road is a couple of rock formations that resemble waves frozen in time. Pretty cool area to wander. And a nice big area to park safely. Also as you are climbing the hill there is a dirt parking lot you can safely park and wander around the rock formations there. I used to take my lunch there when I would drive the freight up to the Page FedEx driver. You get an unobstructed view of the Vermillion Cliffs.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow