Is 17-35mm f2.8 Nikon still good?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
lightandaprayer Senior Member • Posts: 4,111
Re: Is 17-35mm f2.8 Nikon still good?

nznikon wrote:

Michael Benveniste wrote:

jassyou wrote:

I am thinking to buy f2.8 lens for landscape photography and this lens is one of the options. the price also is affordable. I do not want to buy 12-24 because I cannot use filter. Is this lens still good or is there any options?

I just spent just under $600 to replace the AF motor on my 17-35mm f/2.8 and generally refurb the lens.

Where did you have the AF motor on your lens repaired? I have a 28-70 AF-S which I think needs the same repair and am trying to decide whether it's worth it to fix it (I was trying to sell it when the thing stopped autofocusing). I'm trying to decide whether to send it to APS or KEH for repair; I read that Nikon will no longer do the repair.

If you want a top-notch professional repair APS is the place to go to.  Turnaround is quick and they know as much as Nikon when it comes to fixing Nikon gear.  I've used APS for over 25 years; I switched to them when I still had NPS membership.  In my experience APS is better than Nikon, hands-down.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow