How do you do that Spotlight/Light Beam effect

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NormanAllen Senior Member • Posts: 1,032
Re: How do you do that Spotlight/Light Beam effect

tugwilson wrote:

NormanAllen wrote:

Thanks for this information. I looked into it and the Godox S30 with the projector and iris seem to be a good combination that doesn't break the bank for this. Question: are you aware of any strobe-based solutions for this? I don't mind going the LED route, but the S30 seems to drop to 10W when using batteries, which means using it on location is probably not going to happen.

Godox has the SA-17 adapter which allows the projector to be used on continuous lights like the SL200II. However whist ip performs optically OK the efficiency is very poor.

Godox has indicated they are making an adapter for strobes which may be a better bet.

The battery performance of the S30 is very puzzling. They should have made a dual Sony battery plate and a Dtap cable which should allow it to operate at full power.

I was tempted to go with the S30 and the additional items you mentioned in a previous post, but I think I will wait for Godox to release an adapter for strobes.

And yes, the battery issue was very puzzling to me.  I agree with you.

NormanAllen's gear list:NormanAllen's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow