Disappointed with first look at X-S10

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kodachromed Junior Member • Posts: 32
Disappointed with first look at X-S10

Visited Yodobashi Camera in Tokyo today to get a first hands-on look at the new X-S10. On paper the specs look compelling but I've got to admit to being very underwhelmed when I actually picked it up. I'm talking here about the appearance and ergonomics. Since I own an X-H1 that was my point of comparison but a X-H1 it isn't. It looks and feels cheap.The extended grip doesn't feel as comfortable as promotion photos lead you to think. As some reviewers have mentioned it isn't high enough to hold it with 4 fingers so your pinky finger is left hanging. I found the added grip on my XT-10 was more comfortable than this built in one.

I know it's "only" a thousand dollars but when did a thousand dollars become small change? I didn't exactly expect the design aesthetic of an X100V or the reassuring solidity and finish of my X-H1 but I did expect a little more for the money.

kodachromed's gear list:kodachromed's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-H1
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow