Canon Eos 1D Mark IV - Shutter speed 1/160s and more - black picture

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J_Tomas New Member • Posts: 4
Canon Eos 1D Mark IV - Shutter speed 1/160s and more - black picture

Hi, I haven't been using my Canon 1D Mark IV for few months and now that I wanted to use it again when on a trip outside, turned out - there is a problem. When I have shutter speed at 1/125s or slower - the photo taken is as you would expect. Everything is normal. When you set 1/160s or faster - all you get is a black photo - pure black. Regardless of actual light conditions, ISO, F or lens used.

I even tried the external power adapter AC-E4 to rule battery issues out. Still the same. Did a reset of custom features. Tried it with external flash (through sync cable). Still the same result - bellow 1/125, I get a nice photo, over - pure black. Shutter sound seems ok, I can use the high speed shots without any issue, there is NO error message on the camera (not even the shutter related Err 30). Tried few different lenses. Both jpg and raw. Both CF and SD. No idea what is wrong - did anyone heard about this or had this issue? If you did, any help is appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow