ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

Bolothegreat wrote:

Bolothegreat wrote:

Bolothegreat wrote:

ecka84 wrote:

Unfortunately, you and many others (including your suggested youtuber) are terrible at math. Because FF 24-105F4 is equivalent to APS-C 16-70F2.6. Not F4.

So, how big is and how much does the XF 16-55F2.8 weight? Same goes with XF 50-140F2.8, which is simply "destroyed" by the faster, smaller, better and cheaper FF 70-200F4.

Learn equivalence. Don't believe lies.

LOL, I'm loving your posts. It is so true. An f/2.8 lens in APS-C is slower than f/4 in full-frame... And when you compare, say a Fuji X-T4 with a 16-55 f/2.8 with a Sony A7RIII and the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 they are almost the same size, and obviously the Sony destroys the Fuji in every way (except colors!) ;p

What's all this got to do with helping OP find a lightweight solution? He's not going to buy any of these gears....he doesn't need fast glass!

If you want to be helpful then suggest something appropriate & within his budget please.

I thought it was very helpful. The OP mentioned that he was considering the A7III. The A7RII is $500 cheaper. The OP is considering a bunch of zooms and a bunch of FAST primes for the Fuji, and you could get better IQ and less weight by picking the Sony with fast zooms.

Maybe you should read the OP comments???

Lol I read it clearly, he's not after any of the heavy lenses you are suggesting. He's even looking at small primes because they are lighter. His main interest seems to be wider or ultra wide.

How is a lTamron 28-75 heavy? And after the OP picks 3 zooms and 2 "fast" APS-C primes they will be carrying a lot more gear and probably paid more than if they had picked the full frame with 2 zooms that will be faster than the APS-C lenses...

It's not wide lol...who knows maybe he'll change his mind if you keep suggesting it

The Tamron 17-28 f/2.8 is wider, smaller and lighter than the 28-75. Like I said, if you pair the Sony FF with Tamron zooms, the OP will have spent less money, and will be carrying less gear and less weight and will end up with faster lenses that give them higher IQ.

I don't care what the OP picks, but if money is a factor, and weight is a factor going with the Fuji and 4 or 5 lenses is probably a mistake. And if the OP thinks that an f/4 APS-C is the same as an f/4 lens in full frame, then they are basing their decisions on a mistaken understanding. And that is why I appreciate the comments of ecka84, because they are correct.

Tamron 17-28 f/2.8 is a better suggestion for OP...the rest of your post is pointless responding to.

Bolothegreat's gear list:Bolothegreat's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
N_M
N_M
N_M
N_M
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow