Sigma 150-600mm "Sport"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jkokura Regular Member • Posts: 114
Re: Sigma 150-600mm "Sport"

Sam5d4 wrote:

So I thought I would make my first post an equipment based one ! I am looking at getting a Sigma 150-600 "Sport" lens. However, places seem to be out of stock and not getting any more in. Is this lens being discontinued to you know ? Does anyone know what will be replacing it ? Not really keen on the 60-600 so wasn't sure what direction to go in. Any info would be greatly appreciated !

I don't know what system you're using, so it's hard to recommend alternatives to compare it to.

In the Nikon system I'm familiar with, the options in that class include the Tamrom 150-600 (both the G1 and G2), the Sigma 150-600 in the Contemporary and the Sport line, and the Nikon 200-500mm. In general, all of them are very well regarded, with it generally going along the lines of the more you spend, the more you 'get' out of them.

I personally went with the Nikon 200-500, mostly because of it's performance as a native lens, and because I found a great deal. I was willing to consider the Tamron G2, and the Sigma C lenses, as the Sport lens was outside of my budget.

Jacob

jkokura's gear list:jkokura's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow