never having spent £6500 on a lens.....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JulesGo
JulesGo Regular Member • Posts: 493
Re: Needs, wants and responsibility.

Hi Trevor,

I have the PL 100-400mm that I hate and the Oly 300mm with both TCs that I love. In my dreams, I was imagining reasons that would prompt me to buy the 150-400mm.

A Canadian price of 11,500$ including taxes gave me a very good reason not to buy it. On top of that, I would need a new carrying system, a new camera bag, insurance, longer warranty, etc. Not only is it not worth it for me but, looking at my photos, I realize I don't really need it.

The reason I switched to M43 from Canon about 10 years ago was to get lighter and smaller equipment. I'm 76 and I still can go out all day and walk 15 km with camera, lens and all the required goodies looking for birds and other nature shots. And I do it without breaking the bank ! Why change a winning situation ?

From now on, instead of dreaming of the 150-400mm, I will dream of the nice trips I will make with that money, if Covid-19 ever ends...

-- hide signature --

Jules Gobeil
Nature photographer - Photographe de la nature
https://www.flickr.com/photos/julesgobeil/

JulesGo's gear list:JulesGo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow