Replacing the Body Rubber on my Fuji Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,025
Replacing the Body Rubber on my Fuji Camera

I had my X-T1 converted to IR about a year ago and while the IR conversion works well the leatherette/body rubber (fake leather) that covers the front and a portion of the back and sides (total of 4 pieces) has never fully bonded to the body after it was removed for the IR modification. it had peeled up on the edges in two places and I could actually "move" the leatherette by pressing on it with thumb or finger.. it found it very annoying.

I removed all the leatherette and then ordered replacement Body Rubber from AliExpress. Here is their description: "NEW Original XT1 Body Rubber Grip Cover for Fuji Fujifilm X-T1 XT1 Camera Replacement Unit Repair Part."

I ordered it on October 19th and it finally arrived today almost exactly a month later from Hong Kong. I must say the wait was well worth it. The small package arrived and I sat down and open the packages containing the replacement rubber. Each piece of rubber had a matching double sided tape cut and contoured for the body of the camera. Application was easy and the results are perfect.

I highly suggest buying these replacement pieces if anyone with a problem of the original body rubber peeling away because removing the original body rubber causes it to stretch and deform.. it will probably never fit properly again once this happens..no matter what cement or glue you use.

Putting the new body rubber on took only about 15 minutes. I could not be happier.

Below are the photos of the before and after and what the new parts look like.
Here is a link to the page on AliExpress if you wish to view their info.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
www.boxedlight.com

These are the four pieces of body rubber you received and the custom double sided tape to attach them to your camera body.

The pieces come in a small envelope and in three sealed plastic bags. You can see that I had removed the original body rubber from my X-T1 in this shot.

Here is a photo of my X-T1 after the new body rubber had been applied.. the old body rubber is below and you can see how it was deformed during removal for the IR conversion.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow