Please Disregard This Post

Started Nov 18, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoanAtlantaGA
JoanAtlantaGA Forum Member • Posts: 88
Please Disregard This Post

Not sure which forum I should be on, and will welcome suggestions if there's a better place to go. Currently own 2 NX500 cameras and want to upgrade to a mirrorless with an EVF, fast auto focus, better low light capability, a fairly user friendly menu system. I love birding and all nature, want to go from my 50-200mm lens to a Tamron 150-600mm.

My first camera consideration in my price range is the Sony a7 lll E mount which is said to be faster than the a7r. Spoke with B&H today and they suggested the Tamron EF mount, and a Cannon to Sony auto focus adapter, but they said it would slow the auto focus a bit. If I got that lens I could also get a Cannon to NX adapter for my 500, even if only for manual focusing, which I use a lot on the 500.

If mulling this around, I decided to check into the Cannon EOS RF mount camera which is in the Sony a7 lll $ range. Reviews say it has a very fast autofocus, but in comparing the two side by side, it is very difficult to know which camera would better suit my priorities listed above. I have handled the Sony and I don't particularly like the menu system and the viewfinder seemed dull (looked at it in Best Buy lighting.) I know little about the EOS R, except what I read this evening.

Does anybody have an opinion on my two considerations or suggestions on what might be a good transition from the 500 that would accommodate the Tamron? The NX500 is my first non point and shoot.

Thanks!

Joan

JoanAtlantaGA's gear list:JoanAtlantaGA's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung NX500 Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow