Best starter lenses for X-T4

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Gringostarr Regular Member • Posts: 229
Re: Best starter lenses for X-T4

MonkeyClaw wrote:

dontreadthecomments wrote:

The X-T4 has some good bundle options that heavily discount the individual lens prices.

Yeah, I was looking at the kit with the 16-80. I am going to spend the weekend playing with it so hopefully can finally make an informed decision.

The 16-80 is a good lens.

It's not a red badge lens or one of the highly regarded primes but fuji kit lenses are widely regarded as being the best kit lenses you can get and the 16-80 continues that.

Since you are looking at the X-T4 with the 16-80 I would strongly recommend adding the 50-140 with the 1.4x teleconverter even though it's right at the top of your price range. Those 2 lenses give you 16-200 (24-300 equivalent) at a constant f4, share the same filter size, plus the 50-140 is an amazing portrait lens on it's own. After that pick your favorite focal length prime so you'll have the option for a much lighter kit since the 50-140 is pretty heavy and the 16-80 while not that heavy is still a bit bulky.

Gringostarr's gear list:Gringostarr's gear list
Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Venus Laowa 9mm F2.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow