Best "2 Lens" travel setup for Sony A7C

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP David_KG New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Best "2 Lens" travel setup for Sony A7C

Dima I wrote:

Everyone's "travel" is different, as well as everyone's "landscape", from what I've heard your goal is to have something super light - which means "dark and slow", and most likely not versatile enough for all kinds of photography.

But keeping the weight aside - I would probable advise getting Sony 35mm 1.8 and Tamron 28-200, which would cover most of the needs, if you think that's not wide enough - there are plenty options out there, like Tamron 20mm 2.8 and others. Or even 17-28 Tamron and a fast glass like 50/55/85 1.8

Thanks Dima for the suggestion - your post got me looking into the 28-200 which I think, even with the non-consistent Aperture, will work OK for us.

For right now as beginners, we typically shoot in Aperture priority, and let the camera handle the ISO / shutter speed.

As long as we stick to using it mostly during the day, I think the higher aperture for the zoom end will be OK, and prefer the lighter weight over the Tamron 70-180 which is too large for my taste.

David_KG's gear list:David_KG's gear list
Sony a7C Zeiss Batis 40mm F2 CF Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow