AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR and D7000

Started Nov 6, 2017 | Discussions thread
Cycletourer Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR and D7000

darkglove wrote:

I know this is an old thread but it was the most useful (and confusing) one I found in regards to this question so now I have bitten the bullet I thought I should add to it.

I'm a hobby shooter so wasn't in the market for a new body and wanted to upgrade from my 13 yr old Sigma 18-200.

This lens with the D7000 is fantastic and I have no regrets purchasing it at all.

You are able to turn AF or VR on and off using switches on the lens itself so no problems there. I have set the timeout setting to infinite so I've had no issue with the infinity focus problem mentioned.

I can also manually focus while autofocus is enabled which I saw somewhere might be an issue. Obviously, you will need to disable the AF on the shutter button and use the back button focus technique or it will override and refocus but it does work.

Unless I am missing something in the specific way someone might use their camera, I have found no reason not to buy this lens for a D7000.

It's incredibly sharp, quick, almost silent, light, solid and the VR makes a massive difference at 300mm.

A shame Nikon didnt offer a firmware upgrade for the D7000 and the DX AF-P version.

I was an early adopter of the AF-P range and as there was no rumour of an FX AF-P,  I had part with my D7000 to take advantage of the new line of lenses.

Cycletourer's gear list:Cycletourer's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow