Eye AF comparison X-T4 vs Sony A7Rii - from those of you who have used both?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP Somnambulist Squirrel Regular Member • Posts: 149
Re: Eye AF comparison X-T4 vs Sony A7Rii - from those of you who have used both?

Bolothegreat wrote:

Yes the XT4 eye af is good enough & should be as good as if not better than A7rii. It's definitely not as good as A7III or the new Canon R5/R6 though.

Other than that the XT4 has many other advantages like awesome sooc jpgs...you can too plenty of quick edits to your raw files in camera like tone curves, clarity, sharpness etc. I've only just started playing around with these & it's great.

This is helpful, thanks! I can go with either - the A7iii or switch over to the XT4 - for about the same overall cost. The eye AF in the A7Rii was mostly adequate for my uses, so any improvement will be nice. The various ergo and functionality of the Fuji are weighing heavily in my thinking. I’m hoping to go put my hands on one this week next to an a7iii and see which way I want to go.

Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list:Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II 7artisans 25mm F1.8 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow