An attempt at low angle shots

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,104
An attempt at low angle shots

The Rig

The park that is closest to where I live has a nice large lake with a fancy boardwalk with a variety of birds. I often visit when my time is limited and I don’t have time to get to some of the more choice locations. One of the biggest challenges at this park is that there are few options for getting close to the water. Normally I’d just use my waders and go on into the water but that is forbidden at this particular location, likely because of the alligators.

Pied-billed Grebe

It’s possible to go out on a canoe or kayak but it’s a headache and I don’t own either so not terribly convenient.

The rig in action

I was recently playing around with the camera connect app and my EOS M50 and got an idea. I decided to build a little float from some junk I had laying around in my garage and attached it to a monopod so I can control where it is pointing from the pier. The app allows me to see a live feed on my phone and control the various settings of the camera.

Black-bellied Whistling Duck

Anyway, it took me a little bit to get the hang of doing it but I still managed some shots I like from the first outing.

American Coot curious about the camera

Pied-billed Grebe

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow