Weird Booting Problem

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
OP ssww Regular Member • Posts: 324
Re: Weird Booting Problem

skyglider wrote:

ssww wrote:

I have a 5-year old PC, windows 10 of latest update, Intel SSD c drive, two data drives, and a DVD drive.

Recently whenever I reboot the PC, it almost always keeps insisting that I select a boot drive and ignores any pressed key. ....snip....

Have I missed anything I need to do? Or it's a bad omen that something far worse is going to happen?

Have you gone into the BIOS menu, Boot tab, and verified that the C drive is the first one to boot from? If it's not, make it the first drive to boot from and be sure to save the change.

Sky

The list shown after I press F8 has hard drive as the first entry and is highlighted. When I click the last entry on that list, Setup, I see another screen which has Boot menu at the lower-right corner where hard drive is listed as the fourth (and last) entry in the list. Moving it to the top and then press F10 (Save and Exit) doesn't do the trick. Next time when I go in, hard drive again is at the bottom of the list.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow