Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP smhagger Senior Member • Posts: 1,425
Re: Nikon 200 f/2 VR II ?

Thanks. I actually used to own one of the VRI versions for many years and eventually sold it because I needed a second D3 for my wife while we were shooting weddings together.  I wasn't using the lens too much during weddings so the D3 decision became clear.

Now that I'm not shooting weddings, however, I've decided to re-add the lens to my arsenal (along with a Sigma 135 f/1.8 Art).  I'll be using it 'un-professionally' for my daughter's indoor volleyball, portraits and any other time I want.

I was able to find a mint condition VR I version over on FM forums and picked it up.  It should arrive to me in the next several days-I'm really looking forward to getting it back in my possession again!

Now I need to decide if I want to hang onto my pro-super D750 or upgrade that body as well.  I'm thinking a D500 + D850 (or replacement) combo would do me well...

Although, once you've used a pro body, anything less is not the same.

Sean

smhagger's gear list:smhagger's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow