Weird Booting Problem

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ssww Regular Member • Posts: 324
Weird Booting Problem

I have a 5-year old PC, windows 10 of latest update, Intel SSD c drive, two data drives, and a DVD drive.

Recently whenever I reboot the PC, it almost always keeps insisting that I select a boot drive and ignores any pressed key. I press the F8 key to get in the boot menu, the top (default) of the list for all possible boot drives always says Hard drive. If I click OK, the PC will boot normally. However, if I restart it, the same problem happens. To make the selection stick, I go into the Set up menu after pressing the F8 key. At the lower-right corner, there is a Boot menu which lists (in my case) four options, Hard Drive being the bottom one. It looks like a priority list so I drag it to the top per instruction. After this I press F10 to save and exit. It goes on to start normally. However, next time when I restart, no dice. The same problem.

When I use msconfig to check my boot drive, it says my default OS is Windows 10.

Have I missed anything I need to do? Or it's a bad omen that something far worse is going to happen?

Appreciate any insights!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow