Canon R6, best camera under $2000?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Brev00
Brev00 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,715
Re: Picture says it all

DaveAndrews wrote:

victorav wrote:

Yeah, so it says "like all cameras in it's class"

Ad says specifical it is the most expensive in its class. You left that part off or missed it,

so are we talking about all cameras around 2000 both below and above +/- 500?

They are talking about this class of camera and make it very clear.

What class of camera is this?  What defines the class if not the cost?

(From the article) the most well-rounded, making it worth spending more than $2000.

If so then it makes less sense since they are saying it performs as well as a $1500 camera.

Wow, if you think they are saying that you really do have a reading comprehension problem, lol!

The Canon EOS R6 is the best camera for around $2000

It does not make sense to call it the best camera under 2000 then say, actually it's not but we think it's worth it.

They said The Canon EOS R6 is the best camera for around $2000

Once again you didn't read it correctly.

As I and others have said, $2500 is not around $2000.  The D850 is now selling for $2499.  Shouldn't that be included in this 'class'?  Why the D500 and not the D850?

Perhaps you lack reading comprehension to see that the article and the category does not line up. There are plenty of good cameras even closer to 2000 that will perform just as well.

Hmmm, you left what I said out of your reply. Here is what the article says,

The Canon EOS R6 is the best camera for around $2000

"The Canon EOS R6 is the most expensive camera in its class but also perhaps the most well-rounded, making it worth spending more than $2000.

Again, what class is this?  I certainly hope a camera costing 25% more than any of the others would be better.

Like all cameras in this class it offers excellent image quality, and it has an AF system that’s both powerful and easy-to-use."

They mention several times it is over $2000 and the most expensive. They also say it is worth the extra price.

I bet if you reply you will again remove the actual text of the article because it shows you don't know what you are talking about.

I would have chosen one of two ways to go if I wanted to laud the Canon.  One, I would have decided which of the $2000 or under cameras is the best then added a note at the end suggesting the Canon if one wants to spend more.  Or, two, I would have decided $2500 was the cut off point and included the D850, D780 and any other notable cameras in that price range. Then, given the Canon the win if I were so inclined.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow