P950 Geese-in-Flight

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,921
Re: P950 Geese-in-Flight

Dodge_Rock wrote:

CMCM wrote:

Great photos, best of flying birds that I've seen with a P camera. Very impressive!

You mentioned using target finding mode....have you tried subject tracking mode?

Also....I can't figure out how to modify the Fn button...I looked at the manual, but didn't see how to assign that feature. I must be missing something.

Also...are you using matrix/center weighted/spot metering?

You said you use P mode....it seems to keep the shutter speed pretty fast, surprising. I wonder if that is because of the tracking AF mode you're using.

Thanks - I've used subject tracking, but after today, know that target finding af works best.

The Fn default includes focus modes, just press it & then arrow down to it & hit ok.

Center-weighted metering & P mode used fast SS due to amount of light(I think).

p.s. I use single-shot, not continuous... and did pan with the birds.

Thanks, finally found it.  I haven't played around with target finding at all.  There must be some relation between the target finding and perhaps center weighted modes that encourage a faster SS.  I look forward to playing with this....I had about given up on the P950 for flying birds.  Again, your results are quite stellar.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow