Some Recent Frames

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ormdig
ormdig Senior Member • Posts: 2,514
Re: Some Recent Frames

Hi Bill, as usual your bird photos are the gold standard. I understand your consternation with missed focus and am well aware of how sharp and detailed your images usually are BUT, this is one of the most striking images I've seen in a long time. I've looked at your recrop and much prefer the original. The bird filling the frame and the (relatively) dark shadows make this a very menacing raptor. Even the (again, relatively) slight loss of detail adds to the mood. Maybe not technically up to your usual standards but this image is one of a kind. It's ART! I love it.

Don't know if you would be interested but Imaging Resource has a bird photo contest going on and I think this (the original) would be a sure contender.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2020/11/10/like-bird-photography-enter-our-feather-focus-contest

I much appreciate the images you allow us to look at, thanks,

-- hide signature --

Pete

ormdig's gear list:ormdig's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow