Kp - HDR, Yellow-Green Tinge

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP JawaT Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: Kp - HDR, Yellow-Green Tinge

Smitty1 wrote:

JawaT wrote:

Took some pictures with my Kp and Sigma 18-300mm lens. I rarely use HDR. Many of the pictures that I took today with HDR have this exaggerated yellow and green tinge that was completely unexpected. Anybody else seen anything like this?

All advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

JawaT

You layed on the post processing way too thick. There is oversharpening and haloing due to too much microtonal constrast (aka 'Structure' or 'Clarity' in some apps). Look around different objects in the shots to see a white line around them.

If you're using in camera settings to achieve this, you might be using too heavy of a value. See if a lower amount removes some of the issues.

I was using the default settings that come with the U1 setting on the mode dial of the Kp (HDR LANDSCAPE). This uses HDR ADV, +-3EV and AutoAlign. All other settings on that Menu page are disabled (Carity, Skin Tone, Digital Filter, Pixel Shift resolution, Astrotracer). This is my first time using U1.

I did not modify the images whatsoever before posting them.

JawaT's gear list:JawaT's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow