Please recommend film simulation recipes from pros

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
DanLbk Regular Member • Posts: 263
Re: Any film sims for RAW?

primeone wrote:

I think this falls under the category of "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

RAW is "raw", just data, waiting to be interpreted and displayed.

SIMS are for output, either as OOC JPEGS, or on screen (as your RAW file is interpreted by your "RAW processor" - Lightroom, Capture One, etc.), or to create output JPEGS from your "RAW processor".

Capture One is full of them, and, as do many other "RAW processors", has many color controls that you can apply to modify your screen display or JPEG files for output.

So my question was basically asking about this part of what you wrote: "SIMS are for output,... to create output JPEGs from your RAW processor".

I was curious to see where I can get film sims that I can import or replicate in Capture One to produce various looks. Capture One has the standard film sims that Fuji provides in-camera (e.g. Astia and Provia), but I'm wondering if there are other ones.

Yes, RAW is just data waiting to be interpreted, but I am required to choose a film sim anyway in Capture One. I always go for Provia as the default, but I would love to experiment with other ones that pros have developed.

I hope my question is clearer now.

-- hide signature --

Daniel
X-T2 enthusiast

DanLbk's gear list:DanLbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow